Friday, April 27, 2007

My Space en español

My Space has launched a version focused on Spanish-dominant Latinos. Despite the recent Pew report that Spanish-dominant Latinos in the United States are much less likely to be on-line than English-dominant Latinos, My Space takes a page out of the tired on-line plan of AOL, Yahoo and MSN - creating a Spanish-language "Latino version."

Back in 1998, I suggested to AOL executives that their service was already the most popular with US Hispanics long before they launched any Spanish-language version. The execs were floored.

I did the same in 2006 when I met a Fox executive with connections to My Space.

Oh, the overwhelmingly white Anglo and foreign-born Latino management of these projects gets it wrong again.

I'm guessing I sound a bit pompous here. Someone pull the foot out of my mouth. But you might guess that's how I feel. I'm probably wrong here.

Story from Hispanic Business
http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/newsbyid.asp?id=62697&cat=Arts+%26amp%3B+Entertainment+News&more=%2Fentertainment%2F

No comments: